This salad is like a zesty 3-bean salad but with 4 types of beans, as well as corn, peas and red onion. The dressing is tangy and mildly spicy due to the garlic, mustard and cumin. A colorful salad perfect for all P’s: potlucks, parties or picnics!
- Salad ingredients:
- 3 cups cooked green beans (or 2 15-oz. cans, drained and rinsed)
- 1½ cups cooked black beans, rinsed/drained (or 1 15-oz. can)
- 1½ cups cooked kidney beans, rinsed/drained (or 1 15-oz. can)
- 1½ cups cooked garbanzo beans, rinsed/drained (or 1 15-oz. can)
- 1½ cups cooked green peas
- 1½ cups cooked or raw corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped red onion (½ of a medium onion)
- Dressing ingredients:
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (2 medium cloves)
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- Combine salad ingredients in a bowl.
- In a blender, blend dressing ingredients. Pour over the bowl of salad ingredients and stir well. Best if chilled at least 1 hour before serving (stir again just before serving). Serve as is or on top of a bed of lettuce or spinach leaves. If desired, garnish with some chopped onion or tomato.
Variations: Feel free to add in some chopped fresh herbs (cilantro, basil, parsley), and to use white, yellow or green onion if you don't have red. For a little added sweetness, add in a quarter cup of fresh orange juice. For added spiciness, add in some chili powder, cayenne pepper, or red pepper flakes.
If you make this recipe and enjoy it, please share a comment below or on my Facebook page. If you’d like to print this recipe, use the green “Print” button near the top-right of the recipe. Learn more about the Straight Up Food Cookbook here. Thank you!