This salad is like a zesty 3-bean salad but with 4 types of beans, as well as corn, peas and red onion. The dressing is tangy and mildly spicy due to the garlic, mustard and cumin. A colorful salad perfect for all P’s: potlucks, parties or picnics!
- Salad ingredients:
- 3 cups cooked green beans (or 2 15-oz. cans, drained and rinsed)
- 1½ cups cooked black beans, rinsed/drained (or 1 15-oz. can)
- 1½ cups cooked kidney beans, rinsed/drained (or 1 15-oz. can)
- 1½ cups cooked garbanzo beans, rinsed/drained (or 1 15-oz. can)
- 1½ cups cooked green peas
- 1½ cups cooked or raw corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped red onion (½ of a medium onion)
- Dressing ingredients:
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (2 medium cloves)
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- Combine salad ingredients in a bowl.
- In a blender, blend dressing ingredients. Pour over the bowl of salad ingredients and stir well. Best if chilled at least 1 hour before serving (stir again just before serving). Serve as is or on top of a bed of lettuce or spinach leaves. If desired, garnish with some chopped onion or tomato.
Variations: Feel free to add in some chopped fresh herbs (cilantro, basil, parsley), and to use white, yellow or green onion if you don't have red. For a little added sweetness, add in a quarter cup of fresh orange juice. For added spiciness, add in some chili powder, cayenne pepper, or red pepper flakes.
Click here to visit my Amazon kitchen store with all my favorite products (appliances, pans, kitchen tools, food items, and books). When you make a purchase, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase and your support!