Learn to Cook Meals that Promote Health, Not Harm It!
It’s time we stop supporting the medical and pharmaceutical companies, and start supporting our own good health! The responsibility of attaining—and maintaining—excellent health is our own. But I’m here to help you.
I teach people how to prepare and cook meals that taste delicious while reducing or eliminating the worst health offenders of the rich, Western diet: processed foods, fats/oils, salt, sugar, meat and dairy foods. I specialize in dishes that we are all familiar with, such as potato salad, chili, minestrone soup, au gratin potatoes, pancakes, and carrot cake, as well as simple day-to-day cooking.
The old notion that healthy food is bland and unsatisfying is just that: old! Our knowledge and know-how around healthier eating have come so far in recent years. If this way of eating is new to you, you will be amazed!
This service could be especially beneficial to you (or someone you know) if:
- You are experiencing declining health and/or chronic disease.
- Your doctor is suggesting surgery if you don’t make some changes.
- You are overweight, tired a lot, and/or have compromised digestion.
- You are concerned about your family and kids’ future health.
- You are a chef or home cook or who wants to broaden your culinary horizons.
I have worked with the leading plant-based doctors, nutritionists, and chefs in this field, and have taught weekly classes at health facilities for nearly three years in Santa Rosa. My passion is teaching people, whether it’s 1-on-1 or in groups. I can help you change the way you cook and eat in just a handful of sessions, which will set you on a healthy path for the rest of your life. And it’s fun!
My passion is teaching others how to reclaim their health, not through fad dieting, deprivation, or calorie counting, but through becoming more educated about why certain foods cause us harm and by being more aware of what we’re putting into our mouths. I do not push people to fit a certain health or diet picture; I will meet you where you are at and we’ll work together toward your goals. Changing one’s diet does not happen overnight, it takes time, which begins with the first step of getting some assistance with the most practical and challenging aspect of dietary change: how to cook differently.
If you are interested in making a change but don’t know where to start, you are not alone. This is the most common hurdle of those wanting to change how they eat. With 1-on-1, in-home instruction, you will learn very quickly how to cook the dishes you love more healthfully. (Instruction is customized to your interest in and experience with cooking, as well as your personal tastes in food).
Unfortunately, most doctors are only trained to put “band aids” on our health issues after they have already happened, not to prevent them from happening in the first place. How we eat is the single largest factor in how we feel and look physically. After all, our food is our fuel: Putting bad fuel in leads to a broken down machine—our body!
If you could benefit from a culinary makeover, please contact me. If you know of someone else who could use this service, please share this information with them, or buy them a gift certificate for a series of classes. So many of us are sick due to a lack of information about what is really healthy, and it’s time to create some new habits that could save you from years of discomfort and pain.
I offer instruction:
- To individuals and couples: A fun and efficient way to get healthy quickly. Classes in your home.
- To small groups: These can be in-home, like a Tupperware party, and are really fun to do with friends and/or family. (These can be 1-time classes or a series.) I also have a small office in Santa Rosa where I can hold cooking demonstrations for groups of six to eight people.
- To your employees: Many businesses today are recognizing the importance of training their employees to eat healthier for many reasons, including a reduction in health insurance costs and fewer sick days taken.
- To your customers: Cooking demonstration classes can be a fun event to show your appreciation to your customers, especially around the holidays, a time of thanks and food.
- Over the phone: If you do not live locally, I also do phone consultations.
I mostly offer classes in Sonoma County (where I am based), as well as in other San Francisco North Bay areas. Please contact me at [email protected] for more information and costs, and to discuss your needs and interests.