This salad is very easy to make, with refreshingly tangy and sweet flavors, a great alternative to your everyday salad.
- 1 bunch spinach (about 2 cups, roughly chopped if desired)
- ½ bunch arugula (about 1 cup)
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 fennel bulb, grated (optional)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 lime, juice from
- Grapefruit sections to garnish (optional)
- Thoroughly wash the spinach and arugula, pat or spin dry, and place in a bowl.
- Toss the mango, fennel, cucumber, avocado, scallions, basil, rice vinegar and lime juice with the spinach and arugula and serve (or place mixture on top of the greens on a platter).
If you make this recipe and enjoy it, please share a comment below or on my Facebook page. If you’d like to print this recipe, use the green “Print” button near the top-right of the recipe. Learn more about the Straight Up Food Cookbook here. Thank you!