- 1½ cups nondairy milk
- 8 ounces pitted dates (12 to 14 Medjool or 24 to 28 Deglet Noor)
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup dry/uncooked millet
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1½ cups grated (firm but ripe) Fuyu persimmon
- 2 ounces chopped pecans (about ½ cup)
- 3 tablespoons nondairy milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the pitted dates, non-dairy milk, and vanilla into a medium bowl, and set aside.
- Place the oats and millet into a blender (a high-speed blender will do a finer job), and blend until it resembles flour (grind a little longer than you think, as millet is hard; 30 to 40 seconds). Pour into a mixing bowl. Add the baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, and mix with a fork or whisk.
- Transfer the dates, non-dairy milk, and vanilla to the blender, and blend until very smooth. Pour this into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until all the dry ingredients have been folded in.
- Add the persimmon and pecans, as well as the 3 tablespoons nondairy milk, and stir well. Spoon the batter evenly into a 12-well silicone muffin pan, or use parchment paper liners in a metal muffin pan. (The batter will come to the top or a bit higher.)
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes. The muffins will be done when the tops have begun to lightly brown and crack. Remove the muffins from the pan after 10 minutes and place on a cooling rack. Cool completely (or nearly) before eating.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins