- ¾ cup peeled, pitted and chopped mango
- 3 tablespoons chopped white or yellow onion
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 small-medium clove garlic
- 1¾ teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons apple cider or brown rice vinegar
- Place all ingredients into a blender, and blend until very smooth.
Vinegars: Brown rice vinegar is my choice when making Asian-inspired dishes; but if you don’t have it, apple cider vinegar is my next best choice (most other vinegars used in Asian dishes will likely be loaded with salt and sugar, so beware).
Mango: I love using the smaller honey mangos for this sauce, since I find them to be sweeter and less fibrous; but you can use any kind of mango really.