- 3 pounds white russet potatoes (about 4 large), scrubbed and unpeeled
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To cut the potatoes, use a knife or a french fry cutter (see Notes). If using a knife, cut the potatoes into lengths of about 3 x ½ x ½-inch.
- Spread the fries in one layer (without touching) on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and use a spatula to loosen and shuffle the fries around. Return the baking sheet to the oven, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes more, or until tender and lightly browned. Serve immediately, plain or with Better Ketchup (recipe below).
I love my french fry cutter! It’s makes all of the fries the same size, and it is easy to use. You may need to halve or quarter your potatoes first to fit them through the cutting blade.
In addition to white potatoes also try yams or sweet potatoes.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 2.1g
- Sodium: 17mg
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 61.5g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 7.3g
- Cholesterol: 0