- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium cloves garlic, halved
- Place the broccoli, potatoes, and garlic into a medium saucepan with just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are very tender when pierced with a knife.
- Use as slotted spoon to transfer the cooked vegetables and 1/2 cup of the cooking water to a food processor then pulse 4 to 5 times, adding more cooking water as needed. The sauce should have a somewhat coarse texture, with tiny bits of broccoli still visible (overblending can dull the flavors).
For a richer sauce, add 1 tablespoon of tahini (ground sesame seed paste) or almond butter to the food processor in step 3.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe (1/2 cup)
- Calories: 61
- Sugar: 1.3g
- Sodium: 18mg
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 13.4g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 0