- 6 cups water
- 1½ pounds white potatoes, peeled and chopped (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt-free poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli (about 2 heads), cut into small florets
- 4 cups coarsely chopped Swiss chard (or other greens)
- Bring the water, potatoes, onion, coriander, granulated garlic and onion, and poultry seasoning to a boil in a soup pot over medium-high heat, uncovered.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the broccoli. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the potatoes and broccoli are very tender. Stir in the greens and cook for 3 to 5 minutes more, until wilted.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender until smooth. (If you don't have an immersion blender, carefully ladle the soup into a blender and blend before returning it to the pot.)
You can also use the broccoli stems; just be sure to peel them first, as the outer skin can be very tough.
If you do not have poultry seasoning on hand, you can use any type of salt-free seasoning blend.
Potatoes: Any type of potato will work, but I like Yukon golds best since they are naturally creamy.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe, 1.25 cups
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 4.4g
- Sodium: 89mg
- Fat: 0.6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 24.4g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 0