- 2½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1¾ cups nondairy milk (or water)
- 1 large apple, cored and chopped (peeled or unpeeled)
- ½ cup raisins
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°F. degrees. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Stir all of the ingredients (oats, milk, apple, raisins, cinnamon, and nutmeg) together in a medium bowl.
- Spread the batter evenly into the pan, and bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. To serve for breakfast, spoon into bowls with a little nondairy milk, To serve as snack bars, allow to cool completely before cutting into 16 squares.
Instead of an apple, try a banana, pear, or a cup of pineapple, raspberries, strawberries, and/or blueberries.
To further sweeten this dish, blend 2 ounces pitted and quartered dates (3 to 4 Medjool or 6 to 8 Deglet Noor) with the nondairy milk before mixing.
A favorite variation of mine is to substitute 1 1/2 cups of sliced strawberries and 1/4 teaspoon of ground cardamom for the apple, raisins, and nutmeg.
- Serving Size: 1/16 recipe, 1 bar
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Sodium: 4mg
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 14.7g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 0