- 2 ounces raw, unsalted cashews (about ½ cup)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 cup chopped cucumber (peeled and including seeds)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (or ½ teaspoon dried)
- Place the cashews, water, lemon juice, and garlic into a blender, and set aside for at least 15 minutes (so the cashews can soften).
- Blend the sauce until smooth.
- Add the cucumber and dill, and blend briefly (you want the final sauce to retain some texture). add a little water if needed. Chill for the best flavor. Store covered in the refrigerator and shake before using.
Use 3/4 cup of white beans (drained and rinsed) instead of cashews for a lighter, lower-calorie sauce. If you make your own plant-based yogurt, feel free to use that, or some soft tofu.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe (1/4 cup)
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Sodium: 3mg
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 5.8g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 0