- For the salad:
- 3 cups precooked green beans (cut into 1-inch pieces; or 2 14.5-ounce cans, drained and rinsed)
- 1 can cooked black beans (15 ounces; about 1 1/2 cups), drained and rinsed
- 1 can cooked kidney beans (15 ounces; about 1 1/2 cups), drained and rinsed
- 1 can cooked garbanzo beans (15 ounces; about 1 1/2 cups), drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups peas (thaw first if frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups corn (thaw first if frozen)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- Tomato Vinaigrette:
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (including seeds; about 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup vinegar (I like apple cider)
- 2 tablespoons mustard (I like Dijon or stone ground)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium clover garlic
- Place all of the salad ingredients (green beans, black beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, peas, corn, and onion) into a large bowl.
- Place all of the vinaigrette ingredients (tomato, vinegar, mustard, cumin, and garlic) into a blender, and blend until smooth. Stir into the salad.
A little chopped fresh parsley or basil is also nice in this salad.
If you're feeling decadent, add 1 chopped ripe avocado.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe, 1.2 cups
- Calories: 289
- Sugar: 8.3g
- Sodium: 52mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 52.5g
- Fiber: 15.9g
- Protein: 16.0g
- Cholesterol: 0