In addition to beans, this salad features corn, peas, and red onion. The dressing is a tangy and mildly spicy vinaigrette. This is a colorful, hearty salad, perfect for any of the three P’s: potlucks, parties, and picnics!
- For the salad:
- 3 cups precooked green beans (cut into 1-inch pieces; or 2 14.5-ounce cans, drained and rinsed)
- 1 can cooked black beans (15 ounces; about 1½ cups), drained and rinsed
- 1 can cooked kidney beans (15 ounces; about 1½ cups), drained and rinsed
- 1 can cooked garbanzo beans (15 ounces; about 1½ cups), drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups peas (thaw first if frozen)
- 1½ cups corn (thaw first if frozen)
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- Tomato Vinaigrette:
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (including seeds; about ¾ cup)
- ⅓ cup vinegar (I like apple cider)
- 2 tablespoons mustard (I like Dijon or stone ground)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium clover garlic
- Place all of the salad ingredients (green beans, black beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, peas, corn, and onion) into a large bowl.
- Place all of the vinaigrette ingredients (tomato, vinegar, mustard, cumin, and garlic) into a blender, and blend until smooth. Stir into the salad.
If you're feeling decadent, add 1 chopped ripe avocado.
If you make this recipe and enjoy it, please share a comment below or on my Facebook page. If you’d like to print this recipe, use the green “Print” button near the top-right of the recipe. Learn more about the Straight Up Food Cookbook here. Thank you!