While traditional raw kale salads often use salt and oil as a dressing, this one uses lemon and orange juices, as well as apple cider vinegar as a zesty dressing.
- 4 cups finely chopped dinosaur kale
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup finely chopped basil
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 teaspoons hulled sesame seeds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Wash the kale thoroughly, then roll up the leaves together tightly (like a cigar) and chop across the roll, making very fine ribbons. Unravel and place in a bowl. Add the lemon juice, orange juice, and apple cider vinegar, and massage the kale for a couple minutes (so it softens), then set aside. Chop the basil the same way as the kale, and add to the kale mixture. Chop the bell pepper and add as well. Add the sesame seeds and walnuts last, and toss everything together.
If you make this recipe and enjoy it, please share a comment below or on my Facebook page. If you’d like to print this recipe, use the green “Print” button near the top-right of the recipe. Learn more about the Straight Up Food Cookbook here. Thank you!