These little crunchy snacks remind me of Corn Nuts but without the oil and salt. They are mildly spiced, but you can spice them any way you like (see Notes below). Eat these plain, or on top of salads or soups in place of croutons.
- 2 cans cooked garbanzo beans (15 ounces each; about 3 cups total), drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons granulated or powdered garlic
- 2 teaspoons granulated or powdered onion
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Place the garbanzo beans into a medium bowl and pat them fairly dry with a couple of paper towels.
- Toss the garlic, onion, and paprika with the beans until they are evenly coated.
- Transfer the beans to a large, rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making sure they are in one layer. Place the baking sheet in the oven and then set the temperature to 375°F. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove teh baking hseet and stir the beans, then return the baking sheet to the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the beans inside for 1 hour (this helps them dry out more and ensures meximum crispness). Eat warm or cold.
If you make this recipe and enjoy it, please share a comment below or on my Facebook page. If you’d like to print this recipe, use the green “Print” button near the top-right of the recipe. Learn more about the Straight Up Food Cookbook here. Thank you!